September 8th, 2013
Tips to Deal with Cravings Being On a Juice Fast
Written by Ka Sundance
Juice fasting is the most effective way to lose weight quickly. It is a safe weight loss method as it does not completely drain the body of its strength and stamina. Instead the body is supplemented with all the essential nutrients in the form of juice. People willing to see effective results must participate in the Juice fast for at least a week. But one of the biggest problems faced by people in juice fast is their cravings. As days pass by just consuming juices made from fruits and veggies, we start craving for other foods. Our mind plays tricks by reminding us of all the delicious foods. To break the temptation and deal with cravings follow these simple steps:
1. Make lot of juice: The desire for food often arises because of the lack in nutrients. You might crave food even if your tummy is not full. This is when you must remember that juice fast is not about drinking two three glasses of juice per day. It is about drinking gallons of juice each day. Make juices in large quantities with various types of fruits and vegetables that will supplement all your nutritional needs.
2. Drink Water: One of the important tips to deal with cravings being on a Juice Fast is to understand the importance of water. A common misconception among Juice fasters is that they think water isn’t necessary. Water is very important even if you drink many liters of juice every day. If you desire food, try drinking a lot of water to make your tummy full. This will effectively satiate your hunger pangs and stop you from craving.
3. Refocus: Like getting over an addiction, it is very important to re focus yourself constantly to break the temptation for eating foods. When you are reminded of mouth watering foods the craving kicks in. You have two choices here; either give-in to temptation or refocus yourself and continue the juice fast with dedication. Think of all the benefits you gain from juice fasting. Think of how beautiful and radiant your skin will become and think about the number of pounds you are going to lose.
4. Mental not physical: There will be times when you want to give up and grab that plate of delicious food. The craving may become unbearable and that is when you have to remember that food craving during juice fast is not a physical symptom but merely a mental condition. Stay away from negative people and foods that tempt you. Do not think about foods or restaurants. When you are hungry, gulp a glass of water or juice and move on. Don’t let your mental thoughts rule over your body.
5. Watch your weight: This is one of the most effective tips to deal with cravings being on a Juice Fast. Watch your weigh to remind yourself of the progress you are making. Even one pound makes a huge difference. You will fit into your clothes better and look more vibrant. Motivate yourself by getting on the weight scale to witness the awesome progress you are making.