January 31st, 2013
Natural Flu Shot Alternatives
Written by Ka Sundance
Chances are if you are reading this you are already aware of the potential risks or side effects of receiving a flu shot and may be considering natural flu shot alternatives.
We have been writing about this already in earlier posts…
There’s really no need for questionable flu shots when you can protect yourself from a much wider array of bacteria and viruses by supporting your body’s natural immune function. I’d like to offer natural alternatives to traditional flu shot therapy that may offer far more protection for you and your family.
Now that you have made your decision to remain flu shot free, what is your next step? What are good natural Flu shot alternatives? A strong, healthy immune system in key to preventing a flu virus from attacking your body. If your first line of defense is strong and healthy, then you possess the tools to remain healthy and “flu free”.
The Five Natural Flu Shot Alternatives:
1. Avoid Sugar ( Use Natural Sweeteners) – Having sugary foods and drinks can cause a spike in your blood glucose levels and it can weaken your immune system drastically which could result in flu attacks. In response, our bodies secrete insulin. This would promote cell growth and inflammation. And when you have too much of them, they can pave the way for the development of cancer. Try sweeteners like honey , Stevia etc. Natural sweeteners are healthier for you than refined sugar, and they taste great!
2. Fresh Orange Juice – One glass of fresh orange juice will ensure that you get your recommended daily dose of Vitamin C which boosts your immune system. Fresh orange juice contains flavonoids which can help reduce blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels. Studies carried out have proven that fresh orange juice can protect one against cancer and heart disease as well as boost our immune system responses.
3. Ginger – Modern researchers have evaluated the health benefits of the plant based on the natural chemical compounds it contains. The research indicates that the plant has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-glycation activity. Ginger extract has been shown to provide some benefits for the pain of arthritis and for post-exercise muscular pain. Like other natural anti-inflammatories, the extracts are safe to use on a regular basis and are actually more beneficial in that they work to reduce chronic or silent inflammation, the kind involved in cancer and heart disease.
4. Reduce Stress, Sleep Well – We all need to reduce stress and get restful sleep. Do you know anybody that isn’t feeling stressed these days? It’s just a fact of modern life. Work, relationships, school, staying organized, keeping up with schedules, even meeting all the demands of a social life is stressful. Sleep? It’s absent or too brief. Often, the more we do, the more there is to do. And for many, exhaustion doesn’t insure a good night’s sleep. Even a quiet, solitary life can be stressful and sleepless. It’s very important to plan your day and give your body the due rest it deserves before it packs up.
5. Green Juices – One of the main reasons why you might be prone to getting flu attacks is due to lack of nutrients. We’ve all heard how good green and leafy vegetables are for you, but many of us fail to add it to our daily diet. Unless you eat a big green salad each day, it’s hard to incorporate kale, lettuce, spinach, and other leafy greens into your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That’s why juicing your greens can help you get the essential nutrients from them in a delicious drink.
Building a strong immune system with natural flu shot alternatives is easy when you take the right supplements to keep your body strong and healthy.