October 30th, 2014
Written by Ka Sundance
How can you find happiness?
This is your Ka speaking, I want to warmly welcome your here from the beautiful German forest in the southern part of Germany. We are here for a few more days and these are the warm, late summer days.
Today I want to talk about happiness. I want to teach you some ways to boost your happiness level in your life. Not only coming from the spiritual, hippy guru stuff but scientifically proven techniques that will enhance and boost your happiness level in your life. I would like to come from this angle today to not turn off people that want some proven techniques that have been tested. Thank God there are people doing this so we can profit from this knowledge. I want to get started right away.
1. It is proven that people who have some kind of spiritual belief or love to participate in a religion are generally ( if they practice it) more happy than people who don’t have a religion. It is about doing the meditation, doing the yoga, doing the prayers – it doesn’t matter what but you need to practice it. What ever it is you need to practice it and you will be more happy. It is about doing it – that is the big part of it.
Turn off the world for a bit
2. People who are able to shut down their cell phone several times a day are generally speaking, more happy than people who are always are on it – you know these kind of people – you are in a conversation and they have to check messages or text. They can’t even think of turning off their cell phone – it has been tested that if you can turn it off at times during the day that you will be more happy. A little health advice at the end- at night always put it on airplane mode so you are not exposed to the cell phone waves.
3. Don’t rely on external validation. This means that people who are in touch with themselves and live a life according to their beliefs and are aligned with them are happier. They are not looking for shoulder tapping from the outer world, from parents or spouses or partners. Make yourself independent from that, it doesn’t matter , it doesn’t mean anything what people around you say. What matters is what you say and what you think about it. If something feels right, if you feel like wearing a purple hat everyday by god put it on and be proud of it. Don’t give a damn about what people feel about it!!! If it feels right to have a purple hat on -go for it. I would love to see you with a purple hat – if I see someone walking down the street today with a purple hat, I will know you have been watching my video!!
Happiness is not linked to having money
4. Happiness is not necessarily linked to money. It is not about buying a lot of things, those that can buy those things are no happier than those who cannot. It’s not about having or owning stuff, it doesn’t bring happiness. What brings happiness is if you invest your money not into things but experiences. it is a subtle difference, but important. I like it because you don’t need to be rich to get a cool experience – going for a hike through the forest, climbing a mountain or going to the beach. There are so many things you can do as an experience that you don’t need money for. That is a blessing for everybody who is not blessed with a fortune. It’s about having experiences and you can design those. You have to go out and get them or make them happen. They do not fall from the sky. It is a good thing that happiness is not related to money. I wanted to highlight this point especially because it empowers you because you can create an experience that is exciting for you and your kids!! So go out and do it!
Healthy eating leads to happiness
5. Of course, I love this very much. It is scientifically proven that there is a connection between healthy eating and happiness. So people who eat raw, alive, vibrant foods – like fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds. And especially I want to highlight my very best of all times, the rock and roller of health foods – the green juices! If you eat healthy and drink green juices you are going to be a more happy human being. Because you are living in accordance with the needs of your body. You have been looking and dealing with emotionally eating patterns, you have discipline and are focused on eating healthy and being happy. More then someone who stuffs themselves with junk and drugs will be. So eat the healthy foods to be more happy.
Being grateful for things makes you happy
6. Gratitude. People who are grateful or find reasons to be grateful are much happier than those who don’t have this gratitude. This again guys is a decision – it is not a condition it is a decision. I have seen people in so much poverty and they were so grateful and happy as human beings. I know millionaires who are so unhappy. So please don’t link that to the money and say “oh I am so poor” – don’t victimize yourself. You have got to find it – no matter where you are or how ambitious your goals are or how badly you want to reach those goals – you have to find reasons in the here and now to be thankful for. Other then this the whole thing will collapse if you don’t find things to be thankful for. You will loop yourself in an unhappy environment - you are gonna affirm unhappiness, you are gonna affirm I still didn’t do it, I still have this body, I am still broke. That’s not how it rolls if you want to become happy you have to find the little things you are happy for , that you are grateful for – that you enjoy and are happy about. You find the fuel to reach your goals and take the necessary action steps and you just have a totally energetic frequency around you. Oh my god, that was not very scientific was it! You just will be more happy if you are grateful, there is a connection and it is scientifically proven. Again, forget the spiritual stuff!
Happiness is a decision
7. Again this is not rocket science but happiness doesn’t fall from the sky. You have to be willing to take some action, to find happiness, to create it. Happiness is a decision. People who are not very happy like to feel it is luck or fate or it is not meant for them to be happy, I have this burden and this hard life. Guys, it is not the condition but the decision. The question is not what kind of life you have but what kind of meaning do you give the experiences you do everyday. One person can give a specific thing a totally different meaning then another person. You could have the best thing happening to you but if you don’t appreciate it you will not see it. A very bad thing can happen, my friend Sam Cawthorn lost his right arm, but he is one of the most happy and most vibrant people I have met in life. Happiness is a decision , you can decide to be happy and you don’t need to wait for anything to make that decision. Get out there and get some more happiness for yourself! I think this is the most important one so I will end here.
I would love to get some comments from you. What did I miss? Did I miss some practices or scientific case studies that you know? Please post them down below, I always like to receive any comments.
Get on our SundanceFamily.com list to stay in touch. Thanks so much for watching, I will be back soon with more videos from beautiful Germany before we move on for a very long, warm and happy winter. Thanks so much, this is your Ka. Love you guys and will be back soon.
October 27th, 2014
Written by Ka Sundance
How can a lab beat Mother Nature?
Splenda is simply not safe
October 20th, 2014
Written by Ka Sundance
September 4th, 2014
Written by Ka Sundance
The Problem of over eating