This is your Ka speaking. Today I would like to talk about the top 6 super foods you should consume to boost your energy level and vibrancy!! Very often I hear from people asking how they can feel healthier and more alive and full of energy. You will feel like jumping out of bed every morning if you eat these foods!! It is really not so much about the foods you eat but more about the foods you avoid and habits you do not indulge in.
If you eat junk food all day and get hammered with a bottle of whiskey while you smoke a pack of cigarettes this isn’t going to help you!!! Let’s be totally honest here – if you eat foods that are not really food but a sugary, chemical filled food stuff, eating a healthy item here and there is not going to save you. You need to be realistic – drinking coconut water on top of this type of life style will do nothing for you.
Please be serious and honest about your life. Take a look at any bad habits you have like smoking, coffee, alcohol, sugar, no exercise and think about the impact they are having on your health and well being. Do you need to make a change? Don’t expect a magic pill even if it is a natural pill to get rid of your health problems. You will have to look at making some really big lifestyle changes to reach your goal. You have to step up and take charge of your own health and well being – no one else is going to do it for you. I can make suggestions and show you what is healthy but you have to take the steps.
Here are 6 amazing, natural and healthy foods that I love and know will help you feel better on your road to a healthy lifestyle:
- As I have always, always stated and praised number one is the dark green veggies, especially the wild edible herbs. They are the most nutrient dense foods on earth and what I love about them is that they are free!! Almost everything green you walk on is edible and the best food there is. They are more dense in vitamins, minerals,enzymes and protein, sometimes 300 or 400 times more nutrients in them as the domesticated foods. How can you not want to eat them everyday!
These greens have been growing for hundreds of years unaltered by humans. We have been altering all other foods by making them bigger, sweeter and getting rid of the seeds. This is what normally happens in the human engineering of foods and it makes our foods less healthy, less vibrant and full of life and nutrients. These altered foods may look perfect and last longer on the shelf but often they are empty of any life giving nutrients and are unsustainable in the wild. Nature has been doing this much longer and much better than we ever can!
- Coconuts are my second super food. This is also a natural food that grows wild in the tropics. Coconuts are so very good for you. They are filled with electrolytes and have almost no calories – especially the water. It is the perfect detox tool for you even if you are not fasting. They are the essence of life and the symbol of a tropical abundant life style. It grows everywhere in abundance and was even used to substitute blood plasma in the second world war when blood was in shortage. Drinking coconut water is similar to getting a blood transfusion or cleanse. The wonderful part is you can buy this in any health food store and most supermarkets now and easily get the benefits of this super food!
- The third one I am including is not a raw food. I am consciously including this because most people who are going to watch this video are not raw foodies. It is quinoa. It is a brilliant alternative if you long for some dense, satisfying food. It will help you stay away from junkier food. It is very light and easy to digest. It has protein and is a valuable super food in my eyes.
Quinoa is especially good if you indulge in heavy breads and pastas. It is a good alternative because you can cook it and it is satisfying and still good for your system. You will not feel drained after eating this food. If you have been eating the wrong foods afterward you will feel down and heavy. Many people do not know this or experience this but you should feel energized, awesome and healthy after eating! You should not feel bloated and unable to move off the couch! Quinoa can help you achieve this. Is your food making you feel alive and re-charged? If not then you are not eating the right kind of food – the food your body craves and needs.
- Chlorella is my fourth super food. Chlorella is an algae from the ocean and is considered one of the best natural tools to bind toxins for detoxification. If you have been indulging in unhealthy foods or are on a fast you should take some chlorella. This green algae is often called ‘natures multivitamin’ because of all the natural benefits it has. It will help bind with any toxins, is rich in vitamin B, many minerals and has a high level of nutrients. You can easily take it in a powder or capsule form and benefit from it’s super powers!
- The last super food is hemp seeds. Hemp is the oldest cultivated plant known to humans! In case you are wondering it is THC free and has nothing to do with drugs. You can get them hulled or de-hulled, either way is good for you. We love to throw them into a smoothie with bananas and raw chocolate -it is delicious and the kids love it! Hemp seeds can be sprinkled on cereal or salad and they have a light pleasant taste do it is easy to include in your diet.
Hemp is the most complete amino acid protein source there is in regards to availability. The important thing is how much can your body extract and use – hemp has the perfect balance between omega 3,6 and 9 – this allows you to absorb the amino acids. With a lot of healthy things, if you are not combing them properly, your body cannot use the nutrients in them. Hemp is natural and has been used as a protein source for thousands of years. I recommend it as a protein because I am a vegetarian so I don’t eat or recommend meat or fish. With hemp you can get a wonderful protein in your daily diet and you can skip the meat because you won’t need it!
Those are my super foods and I hope you will take a good look at your diet and your life style and decide if it is helping or hurting you. We all deserve to be abundantly healthy and happy in our lives.
Thank you everyone – if you like this please give me a like and subscribe. If you think I have forgotten a super food leave me a comment below.
Bye bye for now.